Trust and Changes in Use of the NHS Test and Trace Covid App
Researchers from Horizon Digital Economy Research and the Trustworthy Autonomous Systems Hub have been working to understand changes in the use of the National Health Service Test and Trace (T&T) COVID-19 App and exploring how public trust in the App evolved over a one year period.
Findings from this project are now published in this Journal of Medical Internet Research paper which addresses five themes:
- Flaws of the T&T App perceived and experienced by participants,
- Trust in the T&T App differs based on perceived usefulness and functionality,
- General low trust in the Government owing to poor pandemic handling – including procurement of the T&T App,
- Varying degrees of trust in stakeholders and over time – public consciousness,
- Compliance have lessened regarding the pandemic.